AllergyCare™ - Organic Cotton Zippered Mattress Encasement
AllergyCare™ organic cotton dust mite barrier fabric is the most natural product available for dust-mite protection. Green, Non-Toxic, and Eco-Friendly bedding.
AllergCare™ organic cotton mattress protectors can be used over any mattress, new or not so new. For older serviceable hand-me-down mattresses a dust mite cover is especially called for and in this economy it is cheaper to cover your mattress than to replace it!
Organic means you and your family are not being exposed to any harsh chemicals or toxins. No chemicals , dyes or any added treatments whatsoever have been used on the covers. Just organic cotton! Perfect bed care covers for people who suffer from MCS or have sensitive skin and babies.
Benefits and Features
- 100% Certified Fabric: This mattress cover is made from organic cotton. No added chemicals or treatments. Control Union Certified - Organic 100
- Quality: 233 thread count tightly woven to 5.9 microns and laboratory tested to assure that the weave does not separate with use.
- Allergen & Dust Mite-Proof: It’s designed for people with dust and allergen sensitivity.
- Cool & Comfy: An average pore size of 5.9 microns and a 233-thread count help to keep you cool.
- Fully Zippered Cover: It has heavy-gauge nylon zipper tread and rust-proof metal zipper pulls.
- Made to Last: All covers are sewn with a double stitch.
Like all products made from cotton, your cover will shrink when washed and dried the first time. Don't worry. we have taken that into consideration and made our covers a bit bigger. They will not be too small after they have been washed. Natural Cream Color. Our organic cotton has not been dyed or processed so the natural cotton pigments can cause color variations.
Easy Care Instructions: Machine wash hot water up to 140°. Do not use any chlorine bleach. Machine dry on medium setting. Special Note: Cover must be completely dry before putting on mattresses or pillows.
Looking for something special. Whether you need a custom size mattress cover, duvet cover or pillow cove we have you covered. We manufacture each item to meet your exact specifications, ensuring a perfect custom fit. Sewn-in the USA and importedCommonly asked questions about organic cotton mattress covers.
#1. Do I need to wash the mattress cover first?
No. You can but is not necessary. We do not treat any of our organic fabrics with any chemicals or antimicrobial coatings. Please note that we do not accept the return of washed bedding unless is defective.
#2. Do I need to clean my mattress before putting on the cover?
No. You can vacuum the mattress, but it is not necessary. If you choose to spray the mattress with anti-allergen spray or steam clean make sure the mattress is completely dry before you put on the new cover.
#3. How often do I need to wash the cover?
We recommend that you wash the mattress cover once or twice a year. Pillow covers may be washed a bit more often (we wash ours about every 4-6 weeks). It is important that sheets and pillowcases be washed weekly.
#4. Does the cover need to fit tightly on the mattress?
No. It is best if the cover fits loosely. If the cover fits snugly the mattress may feel stiff and the seams and zippers will be stressed.
#5. I have a mattress pad. Is it better to put the pad on top of the cover or put the pad on the mattress and cover them both?
In most cases we recommend you cover both the pad and the mattress with the cover. This way you don’t have to remember to wash the mattress pad.
#6. How do I measure the depth of my mattress?
Using a tape measure or ruler measure from the bottom, where it rests on the box spring, to the top of the mattress. If you have a pillowtop mattress or topper, a memory foam pad, or other mattress pad that you want to encase along with your mattress, include this in the total height measurement.How do you put a mattress cover on?
- Remove the blankets and sheets.
- Slide the mattress down towards the foot of the bed and standard up, if you have a footboard slide it to the side and stand it up.
- Position cover on the top side of the mattress and work it about halfway down the mattress.
- Lay the mattress back down and finish pulling the cover-up and zip closed.
- Put on a clean set of sheets and enjoy a great night's rest.